Now you can listen to our blog post, "Christmas Loan with Direct Lender in Canada"…
Now you can listen to our blog, “Debt Consolidation in Ottawa: How it Works?”, while on the go.
You’ll take out a new loan to pay off your previous loans and obligations via a debt consolidation or online debt consolidation service. According to the theory, if the new loan has a lower interest rate than your present debts, you will save money on interest each month and may be able to pay off your debts sooner.
You may be able to minimize your monthly payment if the new loan has a longer duration. Debt consolidation might benefit your financial status in either case.
Is Debt Consolidation A Good Idea or Bad One?
Neither is the answer. A better question to ask instead of “Is debt consolidation good or bad?” is “Is debt consolidation effective?” Some people can benefit from debt consolidation if they are rigorous about making payments and not taking on new debt.
However, many people who consolidate debts find themselves in the same amount of debt a few years later due to poor decisions or a failure to establish a true plan to get out of debt after combining.
Whether debt consolidation is beneficial or detrimental to your financial condition, speaking with a trained debt consultant who can provide objective advice is beneficial. American Consumer Credit Counseling (ACCC) is a non-profit credit counselling organization dedicated to assisting individuals and families in permanently overcoming debt.
We provide free credit counselling sessions with highly qualified and accredited counsellors that can assist you in determining whether debt consolidation is a good or poor option for you. We can show you various options for debt relief and assist you in developing a strategy and budget for paying off your debt over time.
Debt Consolidation in Ottawa
Ottawa, being Canada’s capital, is one of the country’s most attractive and interesting cities. The city is famed for its unique neighbourhoods, exhilarating festivals, and world-class museums, and is equal parts cosmopolitan and old-fashioned.
Of course, living anywhere in Canada may be expensive, particularly if you’re in debt. If your financial situation has you feeling overwhelmed and money worries are keeping you awake at night, you might want to explore debt counselling in Ottawa with Credit Canada.
How Does Debt Consolidation Work in Ottawa?
Unlike debt consolidation loans in Ottawa, you are not taking out a new loan. An Ottawa debt consolidation program, on the other hand, is a debt reduction agreement between you, your creditors, and Credit Canada.
Here are some of the things the program can help you with.
- Consolidate all of your unsecured debt into a single, reduced monthly payment (unsecured debt includes credit cards, payday loans, unsecured lines of credit, overdue bills, and other debts that aren’t secured by a home or car).
- Reduce or eliminate your debt’s monthly interest payments.
- Reduce your monthly payment to a level that you can afford.
- Set a deadline for yourself so you can see the end of the tunnel.
- Stop receiving obnoxious collection calls.
Things to Know Before Applying For Debt Consolidation Ottawa
When it comes to credit card debt, many consumers choose debt consolidation because credit cards have higher interest rates than an unsecured loan from a bank. An unsecured loan is one that is provided and supported only on the basis of the borrower’s creditworthiness and does not require any collateral.
Because no security is required, the lender is at a larger risk and hence charges a higher interest rate. Credit cards, as well as personal lines of credit and some home renovation loans, are examples of unsecured loans.
If you have the following debts, debt consolidation in Ottawa may be an option.
- Balances on one or more credit cards, including credit cards from retail stores
- Other high-interest consumer debt, such as payday loans, a finance company’s auto loan, public utilities, and/or other consumer loans; and/or
- Several commitments with different due dates, such as insurance payments, child support payments, and student loan payments
What do You Need to Qualify for Debt Consolidation?
When you go to a financial institution in Smith Falls, Ottawa, or the surrounding areas for debt consolidation, you’ll need to give a list of your debts and how you plan to pay them off. It’s more likely that you’ll get approval if you have:
- A consistent source of revenue
- Monthly costs that are reasonable in comparison to your monthly income; and
- A good credit rating
- Asset or assets that can be pledged to reduce a lender’s risk in the case of default.
Before selecting whether or not to provide you with the loan, your payment history and credit score will be examined to determine your default risk. If you can provide collateral or a co-signer, the bank may be more eager to lend you money.
Once you’ve been accepted, you can expect a bank or credit union to lend you about 10% of your net worth on an unsecured basis. When the economy is doing well and employment are plentiful, larger sums may be possible. Alternatively, you might be able to raise the loan amount by securing it with a newer vehicle, boat, motorcycle, RV, mobile home, non-RSP mutual funds, or real estate.
Advantages of Debt Consolidation in Ottawa
To manage their debt, many people choose debt consolidation. The following are some of the advantages of doing so:
- A reduced overall interest rate on all of your debt, lowering your monthly payment and total interest, and allowing you to pay off your entire debt faster.
- With a single monthly payment, you can simplify your budget.
- The ability to have your credit cards on hand as a safety net in case of an emergency
- If you can make the essential payments on time, you will have less financial stress.
- There will be no negative influence on your credit rating (unless you are denied the loan or are unable to repay the loan); and
- You can further cut your interest rate by using your assets (for example, your property).
You May Also Like: How to Get Best Mortgage Rates in Canada?
The Bottom Line
At Lionsgate, we specialize in helping people obtain funding private mortgages for land purchases as well as for other real estate transactions. If you are looking to buy land in Canada, get a mortgage or apply for a loan, leave us a message and we will try to connect you with local realtors and sourcing for financing.
We have been featured on Best in Ottawa in the list of “Best Mortgage Brokers in Ottawa“.